Sunday 8 November 2015

Week 33, Race 31: Three Counties XC Race 2: Wootton

I have always loved cross country races. Not sure why I like them so much, maybe it is because it isn't just about speed, it's about strength (mental and physical)...and I like getting muddy. This was my first XC for a couple of years and when my old shoes had rotted away after being left covered in mud in a bag I decided to treat myself to a pair of shiny new innov8 mudclaws...they even came with an inspirational quote. The race was in Northampton (hosted by Wootton Road Runners) and was a 4ish miles, 2 lap race around a country park. It wasn't the most exciting course I've ever done but it had a couple of interesting scrambles and enough mud to keep me entertained. I didn't run brilliantly and spent most of the second lap being overtaken but I was happy to finish 132nd female in a time of 43:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment