Sunday 20 December 2015

Week 39, Race 37: Three Counties XC Race 4: Letchworth

Another XC race today, this time our home fixture at Standalone Farm. I've not done this course before so was pleased that I was able to run today. In true Lindsay style it was all a bit of a rush, my human alarm clocks failed me and I only just managed to make it to the farm in time to make sandwiches at 8am (after dropping into Morrisons to buy some cake for hungry runners at the end of the race). It was a mild morning and I enjoyed my 5.5 mile loop around the Hertfordshire countryside in the sun (it took me just under an hour).
It was the 3CXC league's 100th race and I started to wonder how many races I must have run. I don't keep a record of my runs but given I have been a member of NHRR since 1999 and most seasons I ran as many XCs as possible I suspect I have run at least 50 of those 100 races...scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment