Saturday 11 April 2015

Week 3, race 3 - Wimpole Estate parkrun

After the run
Week 3 of my 40/40 challenge took me to the Wimpole Estate Parkrun. Despite a complete lack of sleep the night before, an incident which involved me tripping over a (luckily empty) potty and stubbing my toe and the worrying discovery that we were very close to running out of petrol, we made it just in time, phew!
This is a one lap off road 5km with a steep hill at 2km. Really enjoyed the run (despite the menacing cows) but I've never experienced a run with so many barking dogs (not sure I liked that!). It was unexpectedly damp and chilly at the end so we also enjoyed retiring to the NT café for a coffee and a sausage roll.
I finished in 31:56 (faster than last week's 5km on a hillier course).
Only 37 runs to go!! My support team still seem interested at the moment but can I afford the chocolate bribery?

No comments:

Post a Comment