Saturday 18 April 2015

Week 4, race 4 - Luton Wardown parkrun

My support crew
Another week, another run in my 40/40 challenge...this week it was the turn of the inaugural Luton Wardown parkrun. To be honest when I woke up this morning after around 2 hours broken sleep (and this has been going on for a couple of weeks now), the last thing I felt like doing was running but I really shouldn't miss any opportunities to do a race so I dragged myself (and my support crew) out of the house. 
On the plus side it was a lovely sunny morning in Luton. The course is 3 and a bit laps of Wardown Park. I had my doubts about how this would work in practice but it seemed to work ok and I only got lapped by a few leaders. I dragged myself round in a time of 29:48 (first time under 30 minutes this year!) and my support crew had much fun playing in the park. This is my closest race so I am sure I'll be back...36 runs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment