Sunday 28 June 2015

Week 14, race 15: Hitchin Hard Half Marathon

Louise and I at the end
This week's race was the very challenging Hitchin Hard Half Marathon. I feel I really should do this race, mainly because I live about a 5 minute walk from the start plus it was one of the first local races I did when I moved down here (over 15 years ago now!). Also, the route takes in a lot of the roads I train on so I know exactly what is to come...
This race is called the hard half for a reason, it is full of hills and really is hard going. I train on these roads but crucially I know how to avoid the worst hills. Sadly in a race that can't be done!
I set off with Louise and we ran more or less together until about 8 miles. It was a struggle for both of us in the final few miles, especially the last never ending uphill one so I was pretty pleased to finish in 2:28:48, pretty slow really but within the 2 and a half hour race limit and given my ongoing lack of sleep and not quite as much training I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment