Sunday 20 September 2015

Week 26, Race 25: One True Grit

25th race in my challenge and something a bit different this time, a 10km off road race with obstacles, One True Grit. This is heavily advertised locally and I've always fancied doing it but it's quite pricey and that put me off. However, thanks to a group rate from a friend and a lack of birthday present ideas for Gary I signed us both up and arranged for Grandma to babysit the mini-cooks.
We started at 11:45 and, for once, Gary ran with me as it wasn't a "serious" race. The race was completely off-road and included climbing over hay bales, sliding into and climbing out of ditches, scramble nets, crawling under nets in mud, crawling through tunnels full of water, swimming (!), jumping over flaming logs, a water slide with more swimming and some crazy climbing obstacles.#
All in all it was good fun (with plenty of running too), it took us almost 2 hours...I don't think I'll do such a slow 10km again!

No comments:

Post a Comment