Sunday 27 September 2015

Week 27, Race 26: Hitchin Town Centre Street Race (5km)

Thanks to Hitchin Running Club for the photo!

It was a foggy morning for the first ever Hitchin Town Centre 5km race. This is probably the closest race we'll ever get to our house so we felt we should do it (and thanks should go to our excellent babysitters too).
It was 1 small lap and 2 big laps around Hitchin town centre. I was worried it'd be windy with loads of corners but it wasn't although I had no idea Hitchin had so many hills (well it certainly felt like it on the 2nd lap!)
There was a great atmosphere, the race was well organised and I really enjoyed my run. I was pleased with my time too (28:27) and it was really lovely to see so many people I knew enjoying running :-) All in all a good running day!

No comments:

Post a Comment