Saturday 19 March 2016

Week 52, Race 42: Bedford parkrun

It's been a strange few weeks. After the excitment of completing my 40/40 challenge I fell back down to earth with a bang...6 weeks of flu, chest infection and a sick bug sweeping through our 5 person household has meant I have barely run, let alone raced. Good job I completed my challenge ahead of the deadline!
However, I am feeling better and decided this week to squeeze another race in. This time it was the Bedford parkrun along with some fellow NHRR members as it was chose as run of the month.
Not been to this race before and I enjoyed it, nice and flat 2 and a half laps around a park (reminded me a lot of the Stewart parkrun in Middlsebrough. Only downside was that is a bit further away to get to and it involves driving through Bedford which I always find very confusing!
After so many weeks of illness and inactivity (not only was I not running, I wasn't doing my daily 5 miles of walking school drop offs/pick ups) I was pleased with my time of 30:05. We also ventured into the cafe after the race...I'll be going there again, the breakfasts looked amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment