Sunday 20 March 2016

Week 52, Race 43: Sport Relief mile(s)

The last event in my 40/40 challenge was the Hitchin Sport Relief mile. Hannah and her friend from school ran the mile (I ran with her), we finished a slightly short mile in just under 10 minutes (about my usual speed!) then I went on to run the 3 mile version (which was more like 2.7 miles) in 27 minutes and Gary ran the 6 mile event (5.4 miles) too. Hannah's friend's Dad ran all 3 races too. What a team!
Hannah and her friend are only 6 and I was impressed at how well they ran. I don't think they walked and then only stopped to make their leggings into shorts as they got too hot! And they chatted all the way round, I taught her well...
So that's that, the year is up, the races have been done and I completed my challenge...Hmm, what next then? Time to have a think...

No comments:

Post a Comment