Wednesday 30 March 2016

Challenge 41!

I turned 41 on Friday and I realised I felt that sad my 40/40 challenge was over. After much thought I decided a new challenge was in order.

One thing that has bothered me recently is that I really missed the NHRR training sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I worked out that it's over 2 years since I last did one and more like 4 years since I went on a regular basis. It's funny that something that used to be such a big part of my week had completely disappeared. Therefore, I wanted to challenge myself to train more often by aiming to attend 41 NHRR training sessions in my 41st year.

Then a friend suggested I join another challenge which is to run 516 in miles in 2016 (with the entry proceeds going to 2 charities Motor Neurone Disease Association and Bowel Cancer UK). This ties in nicely with the aim of wanting to train more so I'm in! As of 25 March I'd done 81.6 miles in 2016 but I am actually aiming to do 516 miles (running) between then and the end of 2016, let's see how I get on...

No comments:

Post a Comment